Tangy Cherry Tomato & Basil Tofu Salad
A simple yet exciting salad that packs a punch and a crunch.
- 200 g cherry tomatoes approx. 20 tomatoes chopped into quarters
- 1/4 medium white onion finely diced
- 6 friggitelli (sweet Italian chili peppers) chopped into rings
- 100 g basil tofu cubed
- 50 g black olives chopped into rings
- 1/2 red pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 pinch Himalayan rock salt to taste
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil to drizzle on top when serving
Chop up the tomatoes, onion, friggitelli, tofu, red pepper and olives and combine in a mixing bowl.
Add the lemon juice, salt and black pepper, and the spices. Mix well.
Drizzle with olive oil to serve, plus salt and black pepper to taste (optional).